This post will share a summary of the articles posted on Darkened Glass Reflections during 2021 and the most popular articles on this site over the last year.
Forty-seven articles were published here in the past year. This was a decline from the last few years (62 articles in 2018; 52 in 2019 and 2020). However, the site enjoyed a substantial increase in visits. There were over 1000 hits every month (a streak that goes back to September 2020) for a total of 17,410 page views. This was a 54% increase over 2019. The blog has increased in readership every year since it began.
The following is a list of the most-read articles and pages on this blog over the last year. Unfortunately, WordPress counts all visits to the blog’s “Home Page/Archives” as a visit to the home page, even though the reader probably navigated there to read the latest article. So, visits to new articles may be undercounted. Nevertheless, the top 10 were:
- “Understanding the Deep Waters of the Heart” (published December 10, 2017; the most-read article two years in a row)
- “Teaching, Reproof, Correction, and Training in Righteousness” (published December 9, 2012); the most read article on this site all-time, and the most read from 2014-2019)
- “A New Heart, A New Life—Ezekiel 36:25–27” (published September 4, 2016)
- “Remaining Alert—Luke 21:34–36” (published July 2, 2017)
- “Renewal of the Mind by the Holy Spirit” (published February 4, 2018)
If you have not read these articles before, I encourage you to take a look at them.
The most popular articles published here in 2021 (based on “likes” and total visits) are:
- “Fathers’ Day” (published June 20)
- “Sacrifices of Praise” (published June 13)
- “God Is Love, God Is Light. II. Creation and Christ” (published September 8; part of a three-part series)
- “Wine or the Spirit: Part 1” (published June 27; part of a two-part series)
- “Faith and the Trinity” (published May 30)
I would like to thank those of you who have read Darkened Glass Reflections faithfully over the years. I hope and pray you continue to join me on this journey. May God bless you always!
Copyright © 2022 Michael E. Lynch. All rights reserved.